“Though Mean Girls was rated PG-13 for “sexual content, language, and some teen partying,” that was a rating Paramount had to fight for, says Waters. “We had lots of battles with the ratings board on the movie. There was the line, ‘Amber D’Lessio gave a blow job to a hot dog,’ which eventually became ‘Amber D’Lessio made out with a hot dog.’ Which is somehow weirder! That’s the thing we found: When you’re trying to make a joke obey the rules and not use any bad words, it can actually become seamier, even.” Still, there were some things that Waters simply refused to change. “The line in the sand that I drew was the joke about the wide-set vagina. The ratings board said, ‘We can’t give you a PG-13 unless you cut that line.’ We ended up playing the card that the ratings board was sexist, because Anchorman had just come out, and Ron Burgundy had an erection in one scene, and that was PG-13. We told them, ‘You’re only saying this because it’s a girl, and she’s talking about a part of her anatomy. There’s no sexual context whatsoever, and to say this is restrictive to an audience of girls is demeaning to all women.’ And they eventually had to back down.””—don’t fuck with tina fey (via brokenclocksrighttwiceaday)
Completion Deadline: October 9, 2014, 11:59 pm, which ever timezone I’m in at the time.
Partway through the year, it became increasingly apparent that due to a lack of disposable income, a lot of this list would not be completed. I gave up entirely on some, made “amendments” to others, but did complete a selection of these.
Subject to change. 1) Find a doctor. Appointment on Oct. 11
2) New Job/Career. Be picky, this time. “It’ll do for now” doesn’t cut it anymore. I’m still at the same job I was when I made this list, but some opportunities have presented themselves to me that should make things worth it.
3) Visit a Local Museum. Science centre, art museum, or maybe even the Dinosaur Museum in Drumheller. Nope.
4) Attend a New Festival. It’s time I get “cultured”. Nope. Did attend Pride, but that was my second time.
5) Re-learn French. 7 years in school and I can barely remember a word. Bilingual, I will be. Not entirely before I’m 30, but I will be. Baby steps. Or Steps du enfants? Haven’t made a big effort on this one, though I have focused on it more in the past year than I have since last leaving French class.
6) See “Britney: Piece of Me” in Las Vegas. I’m not missing this. I’m fucking not. I SAW THE QUEEN OF EVERYTHING ON FRIDAY NIGHT AND IT WAS INCREDIBLE. OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
7) World Pride 2014 in Toronto. I’d like to see Miss Lyndsay again, too. Didn’t happen. Went to California for a week in October instead.
8) Find a Dentist. Haven’t been since 2002. Nuh-uh.
9) Go Hiking in the Rocky Mountains. I live so close. It’s absurd that I haven’t ever done this yet. I didn’t go hiking, but I did drive out to the Rockies at several points during the summer.
10) Conquer “Loop Slide” at West Edmonton Mall. Look at this mother fucker. West Ed ain’t fucking around! Might as well re-attempt the “Sky Screamer” while I’m there. Incomplete. Will keep this on the to-do list, though.
11) Paint a picture. Doesn’t have to be amazing. Just worthy of wall space. I’ll get around to it, eventually.
12) Write a story. Maybe a gay Hunger Games? Wrote a short story on Tumblr previously. This one is a check.
13) NO Fast Food for one month. This will be tough. If I can pull it off, I may continue it longer. Lasted the entire month of October 2013 without any fast food.
14) Try Yoga. Can’t hurt, right? Tried it. I’m not good at it, but I’ve tried it.
15) Walk/Run for a cause. Or climb, or jump, or ride. Probably Walk for MS. Not done. Couldn’t find anything worthy of my attention that didn’t require me to raise an obscene amount of money before participating.
16) See a musical or play. Again, cultured n’ shit. Does Britney: Piece of Me count?
17) Try 3 new restaurants. Local, and not a chain. Though I can’t remember specifically, I got at least 2/3 new restaurants tried. :)
18) Bake a cake from scratch. With awesome coloured icing. (aka orange)Hallowe’en cake, anyone? Baked a cake on April 3, 2014
19) Build a website. I fucking taught my classmates HTML. I can do this. Built a website for my Big Brother Canada pool. It didn’t get published, but I did build it.
20) Get second tattoo. "Look for the rainbow in every storm" Nope. Still only one “ink”.
21) Cook a family meal. Dessert included. Bah. I’m useless in a kitchen.
22) Visit Papa 1 just because. My grandma. Because I’m a terrible grandson. Visited in November 2013.
23) 100 pushups - no stopping. Complete Ab Ripper X routine F. M. L. I’ve changed this one to something more realistic.
24) Create new graphic design portfolio. Oy. BIG project. Too lazy.
25) Read a “classic” novel. Suggestions? I tried reading a couple. They were very old and the English was very different which made it too hard to stay focused. I’ve got another one on my e-reader but haven’t started it yet. At least I gave it a shot.
26) Volunteer with Calgary Pride. Been on the Facebook group for two years now. Time to do it. Bah. Lost interest in this idea.
27) Ride one new roller coaster. This will happen with either 6 or 7, or not at all. California Screamin’ in California Adventure, and Matterhorn Mountain in Disneyland. CHECK!
28) Get eyes examined. The doctor said it might be the cause of my migraines. Worth a check.
29) Take Dale Carnegie training. My dad suggested he’d pay. I should take him up on that. Could open up some opportunities. Didn’t get the chance. Can’t afford it myself, couldn’t expect my dad to pony up THAT much money.
30) Sell car. Need to get pro-active about saving cash. Apparently I’m not allowed to sell a car I still owe money on. Couldn’t accomplish this one.
Do you ever have that moment when a kid is looking at you and you realize that they’re looking at you as a grown up? Then its like no child im a children too, dont. Im sorry my outward appearance confuses you.